[at-l] Pochuck water...

Papa Bear wrote:

> It says there is a "water buffalo" at Liberty Corners road.  Is this not
> true?
> "Date Posted: 01/25/2002
> Subject: WATER - Pochuck Pump closed, other water avail. nearby
>
> Trail Information: Pochuck Pump/Well  at Liberty Corners Road has
> been permanently closed, but there is now a water buffalo (tanker on
> wheels) 1/4 mile west (south) where the trail enters the Wildlife Refuge.
> There is a sign beside it saying "last H2O before shelter", for
> northbounders. Southbounders are advised to fill up at Heaven Hill - or
> even Wawayanda - rather than hike the extra distance. "
>
> Please verify.  Thanks--

I saw deer, but no water buffalo.  Actually, I hiked through there in January
and was there about a month ago on a dayhike and saw no such thing. I DID (I
believe) see the sign.We wondered what water they were talking about.  So, it
wasn't there when I was. I can check with a friend who hiked through there
Sunday and let you know...

Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98
"Your Move"