[at-l] Church Of the Holy Family Hostel status

I'm assuming this is the hostel in Pearisburg. This is very sad news on
several counts. Last year I hiked through and stayed there. I had a nice
time talking to the church member who had taken the hostel as his
personal project. He loved the work, which was obvious from all the
construction in which he had invested hundreds of hours. He told me at
the time that the current pastor was not interested in the project and I
detected that there was a "political" battle going on. Of course, I could
be totally wrong about that.

While hiking this past weekend I met Sarge who is one of the very few
black hikers that I've ever know. We talked a long time about the hostel
in Pearisburg and he told me how he had helped that caretaker build some
of the covered porch and other parts of the hostel. The location was
ideal with beautiful views of the ridges over which the AT traverses.
Hopeful

> They closed it & I don't know the reason(s).
> John O

> Subject: [at-l] Church Of the Holy Family Hostel status
>
> Hello at-l,
>   I just noticed that in the 2002 Companion, the Church Of the Holy
>   Family Hostel isn't listed.  I was wondering if it had closed down or
why it was left out...
> Thanks for the info,
> Mike

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!