Favorite knives (was) RE: [at-l] another out of the shadows

> For years I carried and used a "fillet" knife.

Which is a good choice, IMHO.

> lot of things, but one of my boogeyman fears is that I'll fall
> into a raging
> river and can't get out of a pack or my shoes. The EMT will get me out.

Which is one argument for having a fixed blade that is readily at hand, I
suppose.  Cold hands aren't very good at manipulating things like folding
knives.  Your boogeyman fears are probably unfounded though, as packs will
generally float, and I think that cutting yourself out of your boots is
probably harder than untying them.

Shane