[at-l] Getting "Tick"ed Off

OK, here's something I haven't heard or read about anywhere (and
maybe for good reason ... I'll let you folks decide).

Has anyone tried hanging a dog's tick and flea collar from his/her
pack, or worn one around the ankle, and been more bug free than
not?  Or would you need DEET anyway for the airborne enemy?

Just wondering,

Kurt