[at-l] Questions about gear for AT 2003

Hey all --

My name is Paul L. from New York.  I have been a long time New England hiker (Adirondacks, Green Mt.'s and White Mt.'s) but looking to do the AT in March 2003.  Right now my biggest choices are shoes, sleeping bag and tent.
For the SHoes i am thinking about the Teva Wrapters or the Merrel Ventelators Lows.
FOr the Sleeping bag - i have a EMS 25* Down Under - 39.5oz and a Marmot 45* Black Magic 14oz.  I figure the two together will get me though.  I hope there is a lighter way - not that expensive.
Finally is the tent:   I am looking at the Hennessy Hammack Ultra LIght - 1.5lbs and no need for the sleeping pad.
Thanks for the help.

Paul L, NY

Click Here

text/html (html body -- converted)