[at-l] a short trip's snack

> I had something tonight which would be pretty nice on
> a short trip.  I don't think it would hold up to much
> punishment in a pack, though I haven't tried it.
>
> It's Thai Kitchen "Thai Ginger and Vegetable" instant
> rice noodles.  It's flavorful, it only requires one
> minute of boiling, and the package weighs 1.6 oz
> according to the label.  It's only 197 calories,
> so it doesn't count for much.. but dang, it's
> tasty.

At 197 calories, this falls under the category of what we
call 'comfort food' here in the South.  On the trail I've
heard it called 'stupid food'.  I am a big fan of stupid
food and I've been known to carry various things for first
or second day consumption, including frozen steaks, hobo
stew, and a box of fried chicken.

My favorite stupid food is rice cakes.  Sometimes I'll carry
two or three sleeves of them.  Salted Styrofoam - yummy!

Shane