[at-l] Harry Crews' Blood and Grits

>See Shane if this guy didn't carry a gun on the trail none of this
>would have happened

Speaking about the value of guns...

Found a non-fiction book in the library quite by chance called "Blood and
Grits" by Harry Crews.  It recounted a rather amusing/sick/funny/dumb story
of how his friend held off a some of the more repugnant and skanky locals at
an AT trail crossing outside of Erwin with a timely produced .38 out of the
backpack.  Had plenty of time getting to the weapon.  Interesting
coversation, too.  Non fiction.  Also spoke of a local jabbering of an
elephant killing while resupplying in Erwin. The AT part was just one
chapter, titled "A Walk in the Country" which was originally published in
the 70s.

No, its not an AT Classic.  Still, it might provide an answer to a trivia
question some day.  And while I almost hate to admit it (read the book to
find out why), I kind of like this Harry Crews has to write.  No lesson to
be learned about guns, but perhaps a little about people.