[at-l] Driving To Springer From Suches (FS Road 42)

FS Road 42 south from Suches, GA to Springer is now passable for =
two-wheel drive vehicles.  A vehicle with high clearance is nice, but =
not required, though there are a few rough spots.  I drove this road on =
March 12 in very wet conditions in a Chevrolet Geo with regular street =
tires.  To access this route, drive to Suches, GA and turn west on =
Cooper Gap Rd. next to an abandoned store.  Cooper Gap Rd. runs into FS =
42.  From there, its about 15 miles to the parking lot at Springer.

This approach would be convenient for those approaching Springer from =
the north (most folks approach Springer from the south).  I don't know =
anything about the approach from the south via Hwy. 52 & FS 42, but I've =
read that high clearance vehicles are now recommended.

David Mauldin
www.trailquest.net
"To Walk In The Wilderness Is Freedom"

multipart/alternative