[at-l] another take on cell phones

> I don't know how long you've been married or if you started
> hiking with the
> avent of a cellphone, but if it's of dubious value of a safety
> tool, how can
> it satisfy the worrying needs of a loved one?  You're going to
> gone a week,
> call them when you reach town.
>
> Have a little independance and teach your family some.  You're
> not going to
> be around forever.

I've been hiking long before cellphones were concieved.  I just got married
two years ago, however, and I still like to talk to my wife every day; no
matter if that's from New York City or sitting on a mountain.  If it makes
her feel better to hear from me every day, I don't think it's unreasonable
to accommodate that.

Shane