From: Sloetoe [mailto:sloetoe@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 8:34 AM
To: revmrf; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: PowerBars vs... Re: [at-l] GORP

--- revmrf <revmrf@kingcon.com> wrote:
> Well, Sloetoe,
> I find that it IS relatively heavy! I switched from GORP to
> Power bars for lunch. Don't get me wrong, I like it and see
its value, but prefer to eat it at maildrop time because I don't
want to carry it - which is why I substitute Powerbars. I make
my own Gorp - similar to yours [actually I ate some this
afternoon.] I mix sunflower seeds with watermelon seeds. Add
peanuts, cashews, almonds, pineapple, apricots, malt balls and
chocolate covered raisins [probably left something out],
> O yes, Dried banana sclices.
### Hey, if we're talking tastes, De Gustibus Non Est
Disputandem, right? If we're talking facts, Powerbars are
heavier for the calories carried, and contain MUCH less sodium,
potassium, and dietary fiber. I did the calculations four years
ago and, wanting Powerbars to win, was very disappointed. I
still buy my Powerbars by the case, but it's GORP that hits the trail.

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.