[at-l] We were all Newbies once

I am 62 years old and I can't remember a period before I was in the woods,
camping, fishing, hunting, etc.

In the fall of 1957, I was recruited by a neighbor to do some work on
something called the AT -- he needed a dumb big kid on the other end of a
cross cut.  Must have caught a bug, or something, as I have been at it every
since.

I have hiked all the trail from the NC/VA border to the Delaware Water
Gap -- some sections many times over and some sections along vastly
different routes.  For example, Pb mentioned when Orglethorpe was the
terminus.  I wonder how many others have hiked the AT through Floyd County
VA?

Over the years, I have migrated from a 60+ lb pack to a three season pack of
under 14 lbs (excluding food & water) -- not ultra-light, but reasonably
light weight.

Right now I am laid up with a blood clot in my leg, but I hope to get back
out there eventually.

Chainsaw