[at-l] newbie in need

Hi Quentin, I believe some planning is required but you don't have to
over do it. You sound like you have a good idea of what to expect. As I
said on my thru last year many times,"stop and evaluate". Everything
that will be required, ie. equipment, food etc. is not that far from the
trail. It's easy to readjust as you hike. Even the overly prepaired have
to make adjustments along the way. I only did three or four mail drops .
Most of my food was purchased along the way. It gives you a chance to
change what you want to eat. Hiker boxes are full of food that people
spent good money and time to mail drop and never use.

Happy trails. Grampie-N->2001