From: <ATnavi@aol.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 5:58 PM
Subject: [at-l] Going hiking!

I quit my job!  I did!  And I'm going hiking!

But not at all what I'd planned. Not at all what I'd dreamed for this
year...I'd been waiting for my bonus check at work so I could quit and do my
thru. But y'see, thanks to Karen Berger's kind reference of my work at
GORP.com, her publisher contacted me a year ago to write a hiking book on
Florida. And I did it, juggling my full-time job with hiking every weekend
get it done. It was exhausting, but worth it.

As soon as I turned it in, they wanted more...Florida's a big state, y'know.
SO...I'll be working on TWO hiking books this year, in the spring and fall.
Since summer down here sucks for hiking, good chance I'll head north and
enjoy myself on the AT, the CT, or somewhere else cool and refreshing.

I've finally gotten to MY dream...of being a full-time writer and making a
living at it. And wow, does this feel good.

So the thru will have to wait. Maybe one year, maybe two. Whatever it takes.
But in the meantime, I'll be putting on the miles.

Cheers, Navigator