[at-l] GORP

Believe me that you want it to be fresh. Last year Backpacker magazine did
a series on GORP recipes. Give Me Chocolate's was one of the best: take 4
bags of M&M's, open and pour contents into a large Ziplock. Shake to
distribute colors. Eat.

GORP recipes are best invented. You add the things you like. They can
provide excellent source of electrolyte replacement as well as short and
long acting calories. I like to have a variety of flavors and textures in
my GORP, somewhat heavier on nuts and dried fruit than chocolate. I also
like some seeds, especially sunflower seeds. I find much more than 12
ounces a day gets to be too much, as I do like to stop occasionally for a
little lunch/late breakfast.

OrangeBug