[at-l] GORP

At 02:38 PM 3/12/02 -0500, Papa Bear wrote:
>Gorp, or other trail food:
>

>4) favorite recipes for same (Please give proportions! not just "some of
>this, some of that")?

No specific recipes but for me the formula is equal parts of S S S
Sweet.....white and or dark chocolate morsels in winter. M&Ms in summer.
Sour.......dried cranberries/blueberries/pineapple
Salty.......Pecans
Truthfully, I don't take it much lately, preferring snackage sized packs or
ziplocks of stuff like cookies and crackers and candies and nuts.  I found
I would get really sick of one component or another so I'd end up 'select
pickin' thru the gorp.  The snackage sized stuff gives me more variety in
taste and texture.  Current fav...honey mustard pretzels and HOMA dried
pinapple....wow.

If I were you, I'd listen to POG about mass packing gorphage.   Gorphage
is best when fresh mixed before the components meld flavorwise.