[at-l] Laws of Backpacking: Rules of the Obvious

Then there is the very nasty side trail straight down to the water
source at Chattahoochee Gap.

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Orange Bug
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 6:39 PM
To: lubitz@alumni.fdu.edu
Cc: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: re:[at-l] Laws of Backpacking: Rules of the Obvious

There is one exception to that rule in GA: Chattahoochee Gap. One fork
heads up toward Johns Mtn and Brasstown Bald (highest point in Georgia)
and the other downhill and to the right for the AT.

My Murphy's hiking corollary would be: If you are ahead of your
schedule, you are hopelessly lost.

Bill...