[at-l] Shoveling out the mailbox......

In a message dated 3/11/2002 5:54:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
baltimorejack@hotmail.com writes:

> I see
> Weary and Jim are about to celebrate the bicentennial of the Burr-Hamilton
> duel a coupla years early.  Gentleman!  To your places, please, you may
> fire
> when ready! .......

    ***  hehehehe... Watch out, Weary carries a pilgrim-era blunderbuss...

What's next?  I see yet another brouhaha over  something
> R&R had to say.....

   ***  Naw, just the same old AT-L/R'nR scrum...

 Hey, PS, Roks, not to start a whole other ridiculous
> thread, but where the hell is the 2002 Handbook, eh?  There are hundreds of
> folks already on the Trail,  and it's at least 6 weeks late, etc.   Hmmm,
> who's at fault THIS year, the printer?   The Putnam Mine matter is all well
>
> and good, but I wanna know when the (ahem) "Book of Record" on thru-hiking
> is gonna grace us with an appearance-----geez, is it MIA yet AGAIN?  Since
> you seem eager to champion such matters, perhaps you've an opinion on
> this???..........  geez, what else?

   *** I wish I could ask the author. I suppose it actually *is* difficult to
produce such a publication solo as he always inserts. Wish I could tell you
what the exact reason was? If I had it my way, I would ask him to drop the
Guide (even though many like it) and go full time on a strictly AT
conservation site. I think you and I already know what his answer would be to
that -and he'd probably be right too...
     Unfortunately, until an other conservation oriented site appears, crusty
old R'nR will have no ship upon which to hoist his AT flag and fight the
battle...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---