[at-l] Kind of a trip report

Does anyone know how much wind it takes to make
the excess fabric on your windpants rattle?
What a weekend.............
With the possible approach of rain, we decided to
take advantage of the new trail in town.  I'm speaking
of the riverbed that is exposed because of the drought.
OK............so it's not exactly a trail but it is a 'way'
to go where I don't usually get to go on foot.And, OK
it's not the easiest terrain to travel, combining the worst
of PA Rocks with the worst of ME mud but it was certainly
interesting.  I found a beaver's log!   Neatly nibbled and
both ends and a notch about a foot from one end which
confuses me.  why would a beaver chew that notch?
I also found a baby beaver's stick.  It was about as big around
as my thumb and had clearly been stripped of bark by
something with teeth.  A baby beaver's teething ring?
I also found a watch, ACQUA, half buried in the mud and
all scratched tahell but _still_ working although running on
Daylight Savings time.  If i can figure out how to set it
woohoo...perfect to pin on my belly bag.  Lastly, I found
a pencil......with a near perfect machine sharpened point,
but it was only 2.5 inches long.   I have a magnificent
imagination and spent awhile "creating" the owner or
said lost pencil.  Imagine a person frugal enough to
use a pencil until it was that short yet the eraser was nearly
virginal.   Weary, did you lose a pencil? <VVVBSEG>
I felt like a beachcomer.  The wind definitely added to the
effect, causing big waves that crashed at our feet.
Signed k...who now has to find a use for the six foot beaver log
that she drug home yesterday.