[at-l] Trail Maintenance: Blazing

This is ridiculous; my last salvo:  Why can't Jim read all of what is
said in response, and not pick out pieces?  My main point was simple:
People are gonna differ on this, and to me if the Trail maintainers
shoot for an average, reasonably prepared hiker, then they've done their
job, and avoided the slippery slope of how far further to go to get
closer to idoit-proffing the Trail at the expense of the wilderness
experience.  End of story; let's move on!

thru-thinker