[at-l] Fw: Thru hiker Survivor Fire

I understood that.  I was saying that even if you don't know how to start one
from scratch, it's pretty easy to make sure that you can start one (assuming
you're not on top of Mt. Washington amongst the boulders, in which case
neither skill nor matches do you any good) if you need one and everybody
should consider that as a basic, smart move when in the woods or elsewhere in
the hinterlands.

Black&blue

In a message dated 03/10/02 9:52:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jplynch@crosslink.net writes:

> Hmmm.  I think Ron was talking about a skill, not equipment.  He uses
> the term "weighs nothing" which connotes a mental/physical ability, not
> equipment.  Its no trick to carry something to start a fire with;
> starting a fire with *nothing* is probably a bit more difficult.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---