[at-l] wind chills

I maintained for years that wind chills were largely a myth. The refiguring of
the wind chill charts partially confirmed that opinion. I notice that since the
change, most TV weather reports tend to ignore wind chill, I suspect because the
software that does their figuring no longer is applicable. Or perhaps because
the new figures reduce the dramatic impact so much it's not worth reporting.

If I wear wear clothing that keeps the wind away, I never feel the wind -- and
I'm not chilled, I'm sweating.

However, my advice is if it's cold, figure on feeling cold. If the wind is
blowing, it's going to feel even colder.

But remember, if the temperature is above 32, a wind chill of  minus 32 still
won't freeze water  -- nor for that matter freeze your toes. It might however,
cause hypothermia if you are wet or if you aren't carrying enough clothing.

Weary