[at-l] Cost to remove a blowdown

In a message dated 3/10/2002 12:31:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> Ron, Ron, Ron...
>
> Stop while you are ahead. Yes, he is inconsistent and one of the best
> examples of situational ethics/ends justifies the means.

     *** Just like your total violation of the list rules here OB, except
that I argue from valid Trail logic rather than resorting to defamation
tactics as my sole means of operating on AT-L. I was engaged in a productive
AT conversation with Ron, which I feel conforms to the objectives of this
site. Unfortunately, OB feels obliged to offer nothing but a stream of
negative snips having nothing to do with the topic and violating the List
theme of open conversation. I would encourage others not to let
uncontributing, spiteful list nannies control their freedom on AT-L...
     It's obvious that OB's comments originate from inexperience or
indifference in the topic rather than educated opinion and his posts are
motivated mostly by personal animosity rather than respect for the list. If
you follow his submissions on philosophical Trail issues he mostly doesn't
have much to say and usually ends up submitting a flame in place of any
respectful comments. I've seen myself accused of "poison", but if you compare
posts I think you'll see who is talking Trail and who is injecting the
toxins...

> A wilderness area is exactly what it is termed. The shelter near Bird
> Gap is near that zone in No GA. This made creating the shelter harder,
> and the location less convenient. Changing the rules for our
> convenience only opens the door to other special interests.

    ***   I would take this seriously if OB mentioned that ANWR is also a
"wilderness" and showed equal concern over it. He doesn't because his post is
a means of attacking me more than a seriously held view. I don't think OB
fathomed that I was questioning the legitimacy of connecting our use of
chainsaws to destroying huge swaths. Of course his response sounds good and
is the simple answer, but it doesn't analyze the situation to the depth I was
suggesting. If you understood my comments, instead of impulsively opposing
them as you prefer to regularly do, you would see that my suggestion was to
secure a simple exemption which precluded others hanging their agendas on it.
This could be written into the rules and lock-out those who would use it to
compromise wilderness preemptively...

> Open that door, say goodbye to the Blue Ridge Swag and hello to Sunday
> Drivers. Drop this thread now before someone thinks it is credible.

     ***  The only lack of credibility here is someone who seriously suggests
those highways would ever be built into today's environmental age. OB needs
to learn to support his views without relying on personal contempt as their
mode of delivery. OB - the master of the frivolous point disguised as
venerated opinion tolerating a poor lister's ineptitude. BTW OB, since you
pose yourself as a judge of credibility, I'd like to hear your comments on
the Putnam Mine letter vs what you said? If you can't debate honestly, then
follow your own advice...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---