[at-l] Trail Maintenance: Blazing

Jim -

Somebody else may have said it, but I did, as well, as I read it this week at
Deep Gap (the one in GA) shelter on an FS bulletin about the wilderness area
reblazing underway by the GATC.  It specifically read that you WILL NOT
always see a blaze (I'm not saying if that's a good or bad thing, just the
policy being implemented) but if you are a "reasonably prepared hiker" you
should be able to follow the trail.

So, that's the plan, right or wrong.

Black&blue

In a message dated 03/10/02 11:04:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> Someone also said the trail should be accessible to "the average, reasonably
>
> prepared hiker".  I don't think you'll find that in the ATC Mission
> Staetment - nor in the National Trail System Act verbiage ---- nor will you
>
> always find those "reasonably prepared hikers" in practice.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---