[at-l] How to help a newbie: Part III WAS: crampons

My current plan is to finish all sections (in 2010 - 2012) at Whiskey Spring
in PA, turn south on the Mason Dixon Trail and walk home from there (the
trail is 50 feet from my house and about 160 MD Trail miles from the AT).
Then I'm gonna sit down and have a cold one, or two.  Yet another hike
variation.

Black&blue

In a message dated 03/05/02 2:38:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> One of the things a lot of people ignore is that the ATC encourages what
> they call "alternative" hikes.  Meaning doing the Trail a "different" way
> in
> order to miss the main "thruhiker season" in the south and relieve some of
> the pressure on the southern facilities.  See
> http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hike/thru_hike/itin.html

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---