Re[2]: [at-l] Getting Lost (was Trail Maintenance: Blazing)

"...It had some old blazes which kept me wondering, but I had,
>once again, stepped over some limbs on the trail which others had left to warn
>of the turn." reports Kahley.

Good maintenance practice requires that all old blazes be obliterated after a
relocation. As the manual tells maintainers, "you should obliterate all former
blazes end to end to avoid misleading those hikers who have gone astray."

The manual goes on to tell how. "scrape off as much old paint as possible.
Lightly cover any remaining paint with neutralizing paint ... using mixtures of
brown, green and gray."

Surely, Jim, anyone able to offer such wise and sophisticated advice would not
put people at risk by recommending too few blazes.

Weary