[at-l] "Special" country coffee receipe

People sent me comments and some have asked me how the coffee's made.  Below
is the recipe and how to use it as a joke or to make a good cup of
"pick-me-up" coffee.

1) Get a good strong coffee.  Preferabley "New Oreleans" style, Cajun style,
or Southern style.  All that means is that it comes with Chicory in it.
Sometimes you can buy Chicory in speciality shops or some large or fancy
groceries.  You could gather it, but it's too much trouble and then you have
to roast it.

2) Measure double.  That is, if you ordinarily use one scoop for your
measure of water, use two scoops for the same amount.  Or 3 if you want to
wake the dead.

3) Add salt and black pepper to the ground.  Right now I use one shake of
salt and about 3 shakes of black pepper.

4) If you can, boil the coffee.  If not, just make it in the maker as you
ordinarily would.

5) Add "several" dashes of hot sauce to the pot after "cooking".  How many
depends on whether you want "GOOD MORNING AT!!!" coffee, or "Fire &
Brimstone" coffee (the best for sweet revenge).

TRICK: If you're using it to "trick" people, don't tell them how you made
it.  And let them pour themselves a cup of the best looking and tempting
coffee.  Watch their faces for reactions; especially if they add lots of
sugar and milk.  Or, if they glup coffee.  It won't really hurt them or kill
them unless you get carried away with the salt, black pepper, or hot sauce.
Also, too strong a coffee might send them running for the woods or the
outhouse.

TREAT: It is an acquired taste like beer, wine, mushrooms, and a lot of
other gourmet foods that started out as "peasant" foods and ended up as
gourmet foods.  But it's easy to acquire if it's not made to "sweet revenge"
style.  And it is good way to really crank your engine in the morning.  My
Grandmother (born in the 1880s) made a similar coffee and learned how from
her mother and grandmother.  I've also known others who made similar coffee.
It's made for people who get up early and work outside a lot.  When I am
trying to "treat" people instead of tricking them, I usually don't add the
hot sauce.  I allow them to add it to their cups.  Further, I would not add
milk to it if it's got the hot sauce -- the milk usually curddles.

William, The Coffee Turtle