[at-l] Is this true?

Better still, why not just make the month of April, on the AT in the GSMNP
"thru-hiker only" season?  Or at least reverse the quotas and reservation
system to nine thru-hikers and 3 section hikers per shelter.  There's another
800 miles of trails in the Smokies.  Not everyone has to be on the AT all at
once.

Seems simple enough to me!

Sly

RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

> Which is why a sane answer - like building 4 brand new shelters/campsites
> for long distance AT hikers only (AT hikers who intend to traverse the
> entire
> Park) - would be a good solution. You can't tell me that 4 shelters
> slightly
> off the Trail would impact the wilderness quality of GSMNP enough to
> prevent
> building them. That way the two populations would be separated and the
> situation would be solved. Hikers who cheated would then not be a big
> enough
> of a difference to matter...

multipart/alternative
  text/html