[at-l] Cost to remove a blowdown

Jim Lynch wrote:
>The part of the trail that I maintain is not in a Wilderness Area; I use
>a power weed whacker on it.  It is in a National Park, and by park
>policy only specially trained and equiped folks can use chain saws, so I
>call in a chain saw crew for larger blowdowns.  This policy may only
>apply to this particular park (Shenandoah).

Jim -
The chainsaw policy applies to all National Parks as well as National
Forests.  Chainsaw certification courses are available through PATC, KTA,
ATC and other organizations.  The one we went through several years ago was
a multi-agency certification recognized by both USFS and NPS.  We'll be
going back to renew the certification this month.

Walk softly,
Jim