[at-l] skirting the puddles

At 07:30 PM 3/6/02 -0700, Ron Martino  wrote:

>         Funny, I find I'm usually less inconvenienced by just walking through
>wet spots that I would be trying to cling to branches and shrubs in a
>vain attempt to keep my pretty boots immaculate.

It's not the boots I worry about but what's in 'em.

I think it's important to distinguish between weekenders
and long-distance hikers in this discussion, also.

The former have the option of turning around, coming
back some other day.  The former are at somewhat
less risk from mangled feet.  They're also less likely
to be on their 3rd or 4th straight day of dealing with
rain and mud.

rafe b.
aka terrapin