[at-l] Convertible pants.

I wish to thank everyone on the list for the find informational
check and to think about.  I feel now that no mater which way I go it
will be a much more knowledgeable decision than I could have made
before.

I have some information for the list that I found today at my
outfitter.  Northface has come out with a new pair of convertible pants
that are very light.  They are made of nylon and viscose( not sure of
this spelling as it is not in their 2001 catalog) and they have a nylon
baffle over each zipper so they do not chafe the legs.  The waist has a
draw string so not belt to interfere with a hip belt and with weight
loss can be tighten better than a belt.

The best part for me is the legs are like the legs of standard pants, no
draw string or snaps, just straight legs.  I can have these shorten and
then have nice light weight zipper added to each leg.  If I decide to go
with convertibles these will more than likely be the one.  With all the
good advice I have received I have to give it a lot of thought.

Thanks Again,
Tom