[at-l] Cost to remove a blowdown

New to group, have enjoyed reading and learning the past few days. Just
thought I throw my little bit of opinion in.
Yes, I know that it is extremely inconvenient for the maintainers to use all
manual labor in the areas designated as wilderness. I have known and worked
with NPS trail crew members who worked in the wilderness areas and am very
familiar with the hard work involved in hand sawing and hand cutting weeds.
But these areas were set aside as land to exist only where man is a temporary
visitor. I believe "untrammeled" is a word used in the actual legislation.
These groups of land which total to be about the size of Kansas are the only
lands in this country that will hopefully remain for future generations as it
is. Just something about that brings a sense of respect and awe to me. Day
hikers, section hikers, thru-hikers and crews are all just visitors. The land
belongs to the land. I hope it stays that way and our though very strong and
true need for more efficiency and convenience doesn't lead to us forgetting
the visitor part and doing a little claim jumping.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---