[at-l] Is this true?

I don't know if the rules have changed since '92... but the SMNP rules then
were 1) no tenting unless the shelter was full, and 2) four spaces in each
shelter were "reserved" for thru-hikers. I kept thinking that some
weekender could show up at midnight at a shelter full of thru-hikers and
claim that someone was in his bunk... yeah, try to get me out <g>.
Some weekend partiers showed up at Icewater Springs at 10 pm, cooked
dinner, and partied into the wee hours. Being a tired thru-hiker I heard
very little of the action, but greeted everyone, including the weekenders,
very cheerily at 6 am as I made breakfast and packed. (So I'm a morning
person... <g>). The other hikers were congratulating me on my "revenge"...

skeeter