[at-l] ethics of snoring

Speaking of snoring, does anyone have any news of BEORNE?  I recall when =
we stayed at Kincora that he wanted to sleep on the porch attached to =
the hostel. I believe that Baltimore Jack strongly recommended to him =
that he sleep on the verandah around the front of the house.

PA (MA & PA 99)

PS  Here is a trail incident you may find interesting. It occurred at =
Stratton Pond Shelter in Vermont.
******
There were also a couple of southbounders in their thirties. I think =
they were teachers. One of them was in a foul mood during the entire =
time of our stay. He said that he would be getting off the trail because =
there were too many people on the trail, people talked too much at the =
shelters and it was not the quiet wilderness adventure he expected.=20

We tried to find places to hang our wet stuff on nails and wooden pegs =
along the back wall and on the front roof overhang. We cooked and did =
our chores on the edge of the shelter, all the while trying to not get =
mud everywhere.  A few weekenders showed up and continued on to =
campsites around the pond. The caretaker then arrived and I grudgingly =
gave him $10. I read a little from the latest book I was carrying  and =
we then went to sleep.  The next morning I awoke and noticed a tent =
lying flat on the ground some distance in front of the shelter. MA said =
that I had been snoring and that the "foul mood" hiker had got up in the =
middle of the night complaining about the noise and tried to put up his =
tent in the dark. He had not been successful.=20

www.hikers99.homestead.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---