[at-l] Is this true?

[Jan Leitschuh's friend said:]

> > Don't forget
> > that, hiker manners states that thru hikers have first dibs at shelters
> > and, if you are in one, you really are expected to give up your spot for
> > the thruhikers.

Actually, now that you mention it, there was one thru-hiker
that tried to pull rank on me over this issue.

Kinda ironic, because there were only two of us in the
shelter at the time, and he wasn't planning to stay,
anyway.

The other hiker was Ward Leonard, and the shelter was
at Daicey Pond.  The date was 9/12/90. Ward was
probably halfway to Monson by morning <g>.

rafe b.