[at-l] Is this true?

"First is - first come, first served.  And the second is that the shelter's
full when everyone's in."

Just wondering how you folks think that second part applies to the shelters
in the GSNP--  even when it is modified with the usual qualifier "in bad
weather".  Those shelters have a designated capacity, and many of the folks
staying in them made reservations weeks or months in advance.

Should those particular weekenders be subjected to the same ethic as seems
to be universally accepted by thru hikers?  I am not so sure.

I recall hearing of one rather ugly incident over this difference in
perspectives.  Personally, I don't think the regular expectations in this
regard should apply in the Park.   And to a certain extent in other
situations as well.