spelling of "sneaux"...RE: the ANTI-hiker... RE: [at-l] April Backpacker---

--- Shane Steinkamp <shane@theplacewithnoname.com> wrote:
> Sometimes I wish you weren't so repressed and would just tell
> us how you feel.
### Remember that "Impact of hiking" thread? There's the impact
on me: an abiding intolerance for not acting on the pebbles in
the shoe of life. (Nor, to be fair, for not celebrating the
simple joys of life, either: I'm haring a hash this weekend, for
the first time in many moons. "A what" you say?
http://www.londonhash.org/general/trail/guide.htm
not exactly according to ATC spec, mind you.)

> BTW...  Anklebear said to ask you where the alternate spelling
> 'sneaux' came from...
I personally blame the dead runner's society
(drs@listserv.dartmouth.edu "Carpe Viam"), from where I
wholesale borrowed it. I *believe* it came into use there as a
bit of a euphemism on the curly white stuff that sometimes
flutters about. If you don't actually say the word, perhaps it
won't last as long. (This is important to runners at the sneauxy
time of year. Sneaux-induced falls can ruin your whole day.)

Apologies to all. I've got weeks' worth of posts to which I'd
like to respond. Just pressed.
Re-resubmerging,
Sloetoe

=====