[at-l] How to help a newbie: Part III WAS: crampons

He owes it to himself to spend a week trying out March Madness in GA or NC,
long before committing to a Feb. hike. If he wishes to avoid the throngs of
March, he could always go to VA  or further north in March or early April.
The only way to convince anyone of what the trail actually brings - is to
give them experience. I'd question going out with someone too apprehensive
of crowds or any other thing of that sort, who hasn't given themselves the
chance to view the situation.

March is busy in GA, but this is certainly not the Boston Marathon or the
Peachtree Roadrace.

OrangeBug