[at-l] How to help a newbie: Part III WAS: crampons

I've found that my feet rarely get cold while hiking in my usual
boots.  Even when wet in the winter.  I wear gaiters to try to
keep
them as dry as possible, though.  However, when
I stop, my
feet do tend to get cold.  So, I bring along a pair of down booties.
They cost about $20 and keep my feet toasty.  Of course, this is
just me.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu