[at-l] backpacking spices during thru-hike?

<<I take tons of spices in very small quantities in the little mini ziploc baggies that you get when you buy beads.  (My kid sister beads so I just buy her beads and keep the little baggies.)  >>

You might want to re-think that especially for an extended hike.  Many of the glass beads, especially the older ones, have lead in them. I have been told that particularly the powder you see in the drilled hole can have a high lead content. This powder clings to the ziplock and gets transferred to your food.  You can buy the tiny ziplocks in almost any craft store and they are pretty inexpensive. Might be a safer way to acquire them without also acquiring lead poisoning.

POG