[at-l] Bagel experiment

Partly the sugar, but also something in raisins inhibits some kinds of molds. I read it a long time ago and don't remember the details.

They would have lasted longer if you hadn't sealed them in plastic, but you would have ended up with bagel rocks. A stale raisin bagel is pretty good toasted over a stove, or dipped in hot chocolate.

Other food trivia - oatmeal has a natural anti-stale property, so breads containing oatmeal have a longer shelf life.

Squirrelgirl