Re[4]: [at-l] hiker burdens

"...I think it's a danger, however to tell someone, "You don't need this or that
piece of gear - ever!", just because they don't need it on the AT." thinks
Shane.

 And I absolutely agree. I've cited several occasions where I thought guns would
 be useful. Others have chimed in with others.

 The person I quoted, certainly didn't claim that weapons are inappropriate in
 every situation. He didn't address that question at all. He said weapons were
 not needed on the AT and suggested that those who think they are are struggling
 with some special burdens.

 To answer your question. If I don't carry food, I know I will starve to death
 after a while -- or get awfully skinny and unhealthy with food binges in towns.

 With the possible exception of my championing of cotton tee shirts, I don't
remember anything  I've ever said that would set others up for failure.

BTW. To answer OBs concern that my message was a troll. It wasn't. I happened to
run across something I had found interesting and posted it for whatever value,
if any, others might find in it.

However, trolling may be at work here. I suspect OB is so fascinated with who is
going to be in or out of a hot tub, naked or not, and with whom, that he doesn't
want anything to interrupt with extraneous trail matters.

 Weary