Re[2]: [at-l] hiker burdens

"I'm not sure why this is being hashed, but...," comments Shane.

 For the same reason most things are hashed, someone (me in this case) thought
 it an interesting perspective, that provided insights for me when I first read
 it four years ago. And still does.

 I suspect the thoughts I posted have little relevance for hikers in the
 Northwest Territories. I use many useful tools in my life. I have lug wrenches
 in my van. Mechanic tools in the garage. Kitchen utensils.... I try to carry
 only those that I think would be useful on the AT when I hike the AT.

 Weary