[at-l] where to begin?

In a message dated 3/2/02 12:10:36 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
carpediemkath@yahoo.com writes:

> the service road is that gets you close to the top of Springer Mountain?

Having just been there this weekend, I can tell you - don't ask in the area,
no one knows :)  We went from a probable 22 miles on FS 42 to 6.5 because we
stopped at a local store.  But it still seemed like there should have been a
shorter way from Blairsville. So I stopped at a Forest Service Info center -
and the guy had no clue, gave me conflicting directions.  So I stopped at
another Forest Service Info center - and got the same conflicting and
confusing advice.  I dunno - all I know is - I should have asked on the list
(specifically at LEAST Pittsburgh, Baltimore Jack or weathercarrot) before we
ever got started.  So hopefully you'll get good answers and advice here and
save yourself an hour of driving time, like I didn't :)

Red

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---