[at-l] Impact of Hiking?

kahley@ptd.net wrote:

>Just the other day, I heard some guy on the radio talking
about a
>book with the premise of "What ever you worship, becomes your

>God so be careful what you worship"  Intriguing idea but I
didn't
>catch the author or title.  Ring any bells?

Yes it rings a bell, but I didn't hear about it from the book.

Somewhere in the Bible it says something like: "Whom you serve
becomes your master."

Learning that helped me get away from several things that used
to master me.  And still helps me avoid things that I don't
want to master me.  I learned the more I *serve* things (give
them my time, attention, etc.) the more they *master* me (run
the show).

BTW, I've thought much about the addiction factor of long
distance hiking - mostly because I've proved chemically very
prone to addiction and know too much about the chemistry
behind hiking and addiction.  But - I'm still planning to
through in 2004.

Anyone interested in the chemistry behind hiking addiction?

Delita

--
Delita Wright
Chapel Hill, NC