Right of way (was) RE: [at-l] Good trail movies

I'm not Jan, but I have horses, and I've been a wrangler (read
riding camp counselor) among other things.  My horses have not
tended to spook in a particular direction (i.e. uphill or
downhill.)  More likely they spook forward or back - in which
case you just want to be out of the way.

If anything I'd think a horse would take the path of least
resistance away from anything scary (i.e. downhill) but
then, they still surprise me.  :)

Horses are all different, and I don't think you're going
to find a hard and fast rule for where one is likely to go
whilst spooking.  Playboy might spook back and to the side.
Murphy goes forward in high gear.  Rollin (bless his soul)
would spook in place, but get very close to the ground.
Classy refused to spook at all, but would plow through whatever
or whoever was in her way.  I think it just depends
on the horse (and rider.)

Sorry not to be of more definitive assistance,

Amy