[at-l] honey

> Secondly , he had a bottle of
> honey which he used during his lunch break. Now
> for the real reason for
> this post,do many hikers use honey on their hikes
> and if so , what are
> the most popular container sizes?

I use a 10 ounce squeeze bottle.  Flip the top, have a
squeeze, close the top.  No mess, no fuss.  It can really
get you over a bad day...  Sometimes I will bring a little
honey comb to chew on, but not too much as I am an addict...
I'd say something about winter honey and summer honey, but
then I'd have to explain...

> As you may have
> guessed , I'm a
> beekeeper as well as a section hiker. Beekeepers
> are always looking for
> new market possibilities.

My friend Paul and I keep bees too, but on too small a scale
to market.  Just for us and a few friends.  We got hit
pretty bad by the bug that went around and we're STILL
recovering down here.

There's another thing to do with honey - but it only works
with raw honey.  If you bottle it, but don't seal it quite
right, and leave it in a dark pantry for a few years, it
crystallizes into some kind of sugary-honey-goo.  It's
totally viscous, will not flow, and has a strangely bitter
taste.  It's perfect in hot beverages...

Shane