Re[2]: [at-l] OT Question---

"... what does YMMV stand for?

 Originally, "your mileage may vary."

 Now it means. "These are my opinions or experiences, Your's may vary."

 It's a way to head of the flames that RnR and others sometimes get for posting
 controversial things. Essentially YMMV means I think this, but I don't think it
 so strongly that I want to fight you over it.

 It's like the dog that rolls over on his back to say, "well it's been fun
 tussling with you, but I'm getting tired." Or perhaps, just: "well I've
 achieved my purpose. I've pissed you off. Let's just let the subject drop."

 Weary