Fwd: [at-l] This 'n that.....

Jack Tarlin wrote:
>First off, I'm sorry the delightful Kelly G. didn't realize I was totally
>kidding about her sharing aspects of my private life on the list.....

<snip>

>Geez!  I gotta make it clearer in my writing about when I'm kidding and
>when I'm not, lest other outraged folks step in to assist the unfairly
>castigated.  In any case, "notorious" seems a little strong, no?

Jack -
Thank you - I've been thinking about saying something in this regard, but
I've been lazy about it.  So this may be the time to do it ---

One of the things I do (although some people don't seem to notice) is to use
"smiley faces".  For example -

:-)  means I'm smiling

:-)) is a BIG  smile - like a Cheshire cat

:-))) means I grinnin' like a banshee and you can see ALL the teeth

As Ginny just pointed out - some people misuse them.  But I can't be
bothered playing that kind of head game - if I use them, I mean it.

Don't know if this would help you - or if other people would even notice
(some don't - and then misinterpret what's being said), but I figure (at
least for myself) it's worth trying as a way to improve communication.

Walk softly,
Jim