Sunglasses, was Re: [at-l] one thing I want to say:was] SeamSealing Food Bags

[Shane:]
| For the time being I've switched to Gargoyles, which look
| very cool, but aren't' worth snot if you're not wearing a
| hat.  Too much light comes in from the top.
|
| I've been looking at Bolle', but the price is high...

For years I switched high priced sunglasses every six months or so.  I've had
Gargoyles, Oakley's, Killer Loop, Wayfarer's, bole's, Swiss Army, etc.  Most were
above the $120.00 range, and some were above $200.00.  I would wear them and
eventually scratch them.  I've replaced lenses, used the fancy bags they come with,
had the queer little belt container for them, and I still scratch them.  What I
discovered was:

fancy, wrap around and high density, bulletproof plastics aren't worth the money when
you go through a pair of glass every six months.  go to the gas station, buy the
thinnest, lightest, flattest-when-closed $3.00 pair of sunglasses they have.  Replace
them when they get lost broken or scratched beyond usability.

The trick is, cheap and flat when closed.  If you sit on your Gargoyles, they're
broken.  If you sit on flat glasses, chances are they won't care, and if they do,
they're cheap and easy to replace.

-r