[at-l] sunglasses

Theoretically sunglasses are a very good idea for any outdoor
activities.  I have found, however, that for me they seem to end up
being a nuisance to keep up with on the trail.

Logic would say that they would be needed.  Yet, an awful lot of the
trail is in the woods in at least semi-shade, if not full shade.  I
wouldn't discourage anyone from taking sunglasses, but I don't any more.
I have enough trouble keeping my regular glasses from getting broken to
worry about a second pair for the limited use I've gotten out of them on
the AT.